The Client: Clarkston State Bank
Clarkston State Bank (CSB) is a regional bank serving Southeast Michigan, with a focus on business banking and commercial lending. CSB prides itself on strong community ties, exceptional personal service, deep lending experience and a thorough understanding of the area businesses’ needs and economic realities.
CSB has big aspirations to grow its brand and services in the region, and fill a clear business lending void they see in their market, but was being perceived as too small and unequipped to serve medium and large businesses. In addition, they had no marketing staff and were thin on digital marketing and design expertise. In order to fulfill their vision, they needed help defining their market positioning and messaging, building a modern, mobile-friendly website, and establishing initial programs for SEO and email marketing.
We developed new brand messaging to more clearly position Clarkston State Bank as a business bank that has the capacity and knowledge that the big banks do, but more attune to local business needs and personal service. We then designed and built a new, modern website to carry this new message, and optimized it for mobile use and SEO organic traffic. We also created and manage a new email marketing and social media program for them to communicate value to new and existing customers.
Clarkston State Bank dramatically upgraded its web presence and brand value, and began reaching a wider audience of existing and new customers through digital and traditional channels.
- Developed a new brand positioning and messaging strategy and platform.
- Designed and built new mobile-responsive website.
- Developed SEO strategy, optimized new site, and continue to optimize site content and offsite SEO.
- Launched a new email marketing program, and continue to manage and grow it.
- Provide marketing strategy, copywriting and design support for other initiatives (collateral, events, PR, etc.)
– Dawn Horner, EVP of Retail Banking