Here’s some highlights of the Fintech Money Madness conference as we near the close of the first round:
IN THE PAYMENTS CONFERENCE…
– Bento for Business making a strong push, but early favorite Venmo is looking tough to beat.
– Stripe showing why they’re the number 1 seed in payments with a strong showing so far.
– PayNearMe making an early statement as a force to be reckoned with.
– Poynt showing they’ve got game, looking to knock off #6 WePay.
– Align Commerce blowing out YapStone, who has yet to score!
IN THE PERSONAL FINANCE CONFERENCE…
– SmartAsset looks like an early favorite, and one of the best at rallying their fan base. But Nerdwallet isn’t going down without a fight.
– Prism eyes an upset over BoostUp, but BoostUp is making a late run.
– HelloWallet struggling to get votes, but lucky for them that OnDot is not on their game so far. Could be a squeeker.
IN THE LENDING CONFERENCE…
– SoFi looks to fly high right out of the game, staking its claim as the clear frontrunner. Let’s see if they can keep up the momentum.
– ActiveHours is making an impressive showing, but powerhouse fintech firm, Kabbage is holding them off so far.
– LendUp and Earnest were duking it out, but Earnest has taken a clear lead.
IN THE “TOO COOL TO CATEGORIZE” CONFERENCE…
– Acorns looks to wrap-up CircleUp handedly.
– GradeMyAdvisor trails Nav, who has been remarkably strong in the first round. They are a company to watch in later rounds.
– In what could be a major upset, Crowdfunder is edging out #1 seed Motif with time running down.
Round 1 voting closes at midnight, 3/17. Round 1 winners announced 3/18…and Round two begins.