We are looking for an experienced, creative visual designer (contractor/freelancer) to join our growing team of superstars and help us deliver great service to our clients. In this role, you will work closely with our Delivery team on variety of design projects that include creative concept development, UX definition and design, and visual/graphic design. The projects will focus on brand expression, conversion, and clear communication for predominately web and mobile (websites, mobile experiences, landing pages, ads, illustrations, photo sourcing/editing, etc.). Very few of our projects include print design, but it is needed from time to time.
CSTMR (pronounced “customer”) is a digital marketing agency that helps companies attract, convert, engage, and retain more customers. Our team’s background in online marketing, design, media, and technology have enabled us to create a proven system that allows companies increase their customer bases and revenue. We focus on helping financial services and fintech companies grow and prosper, and are also well-versed in the realms of technology, education, automotive, healthcare, and more.
We are based in the San Francisco Bay Area, with a team distributed around the country and clients throughout the world. To that end, we value self-directed individuals who are capable of successfully working from (just about) anywhere.
As a designer, create visuals for different types of digital client projects.
- Work with project managers to review briefs and understand project requirements and expectations
- Work with creative/design director and/or other designers to brainstorm and define creative direction
- Maintain a keen eye for precision and detail from wireframes or mock-ups to final delivery
- Work on a variety of digital projects, from banner ads and landing pages to graphics and entire websites and apps
- Deliver all aspects of website UX and design – strategy, site and user journey mapping, wireframes, visual design and handoff to development teams.
- Work within the boundaries of client brand guidelines when they exist, and work toward establishing them when they do not
- Add value at every opportunity, regularly exceed expectations, in effort to deliver an excellent final product
- Deliver high-quality work consistently, on time, and within budget
- 4+ years of digital UX and visual design experience
- Strong fundamentals in the use of space, typography, color and other design elements to build effective layouts
- Deep understanding of the latest design knowledge and best practices for web design, responsive design, and mobile design
- Proven experience, resourcefulness and use of techniques for developing new, creative ideas that solve problems and achieve goals
- Ability to design optimized graphics for a variety of media
- Exceptional listening skills, and willingness to ask questions if requirements are not clear
- Comfort interacting with clients and cross-functional CSTMR teams
- Extremely precise, organized and highly flexible
- Take ownership for everything you touch and be driven to produce great quality
- Be honest, transparent, respectful, and altruistic in your interactions
- Must have and be well versed in Adobe Creative Cloud apps and Sketch
- Experience creating for optimization and testing platforms such as Optimizely and Unbounce is a plus
- Experience with usability testing a plus
- Present a strong, diverse portfolio of work (provide URL)
- Degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, or similar
How to Apply
Interested? Complete the form below to set the wheels in motion. We will review your info and be in touch after that. Thanks!