CSTMR (pronounced “customer”) is a leading digital marketing and design agency serving the high-growth sector of financial services and fintech. We are finding great success helping our clients launch, grow and meet their lofty goals, and now are looking to add another experienced Visual & UX Designer (and an overall good person) to our expanding team.
In this role, you will work closely with our Delivery team on a variety of design projects that include creative concept development, UX definition and design, and visual/graphic design. The projects will focus on brand expression, conversion, and clear communication for predominately web and mobile (websites, mobile experiences, landing pages, ads, illustrations, photo sourcing/editing, etc.). Very few of our projects include print design, but it is needed from time to time.
Our mission is clear
CSTMR steers clients to be unique, different, better, and above all — not boring. That’s how we help financial services companies grow by standing out from the everyday ho-hum. And digital work for financial and fintech clients is all we do. Pretty easy to remember, and even easier to sell our expertise.
The work is meaningful
Financial wellbeing means something different to everyone, but our communities need it to thrive. By making financial services more accessible, understandable, and fair to anyone, we can help make life better for everyone. We help startups succeed and established companies grow – companies that have the power to make a positive difference financially in people’s lives. We truly are making a difference in the world.
Your passion is welcomed
You get to bring your true self to work every day – we’ve learned that bringing together a diverse group of people and minds from around the globe means we make each other better. (And did we mention that we are, and have always been, fully remote?)
Role & Responsibilities
As a designer, create visuals for different types of digital client projects.
- Work with project managers to review briefs and understand project requirements and expectations
- Work with creative/design director and/or other designers to brainstorm and define creative direction
- Maintain a keen eye for precision and detail from wireframes or mock-ups to final delivery
- Work on a variety of digital projects, from banner ads and landing pages to graphics and entire websites and apps
- Deliver all aspects of website UX and design – strategy, site and user journey mapping, wireframes, visual design and handoff to development teams.
- Work within the boundaries of client brand guidelines when they exist, and work toward establishing them when they do not
- Add value at every opportunity, regularly exceed expectations, in effort to deliver an excellent final product
- Deliver high-quality work consistently, on time, and within budget
- 4+ years of digital UX and visual design experience
- Strong fundamentals in the use of space, typography, color and other design elements to build effective layouts
- Deep understanding of the latest design knowledge and best practices for web design, responsive design, and mobile design
- Proven experience, resourcefulness and use of techniques for developing new, creative ideas that solve problems and achieve goals
- Ability to design optimized graphics for a variety of media
- Exceptional listening skills, and willingness to ask questions if requirements are not clear
- Comfort interacting with clients and cross-functional CSTMR teams
- Extremely precise, organized and highly flexible
- Take ownership for everything you touch and be driven to produce great quality
- Be honest, transparent, respectful, and altruistic in your interactions
- Must have and be well versed in Adobe Creative Cloud apps and Sketch
- Experience creating for optimization and testing platforms such as Optimizely and Unbounce is a plus
- Experience with usability testing a plus
- Present a strong, diverse portfolio of work (provide URL)
- Degree in graphic design, marketing, communications, or similar